Looking for major ports of India? The list below has covered all the major ports.The greatest growth in port development is in Asia, the continent with some worlds largest and busiest ports, wherein in India there are total 13 major ports and 200 notified intermediate and minor ports.
List of Major Ports Of India
|1.||Kandla Port||Gujarat||Western Coast|
|2.||Jawaharlal Nehru Port||Maharashtra||Western Coast|
|3.||Mumbai Port||Maharashtra||Western Coast|
|4.||Visakhapatnam Port||Andhra Pradesh||Eastern Coast|
|5.||Chennai Port||Tamil Nadu||Eastern Coast|
|6.||Mormugao Port||Goa||Western Coast|
|7.||Port Blair Port||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Eastern Coast|
|8.||Kolkata Port||West Bengal||Eastern Coast|
|9.||Paradip Port||Orissa||Eastern Coast|
|10.||Tuticorin Port||Tamil Nadu||Eastern Coast|
|11.||Cochin Port||Kochi (Kerala)||Western Coast|
|12.||Ennore Port||Tamil Nadu||Eastern Coast|
|13.||Panambur Port||Mangalore, Karnataka||Western Coast|
- Kandla port is also known as Tidal Port. this port is also recognized as Trade FRee zone and Largest port by volume of cargo.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port is the largest artificial port situated in Maharashtra at the western coast.
- Mumbai Port is the Largest Natural port and harbor in India and also is one of the busiest ports in India.
- Vishakapatnam port is the Deepest port of India. This port deals with the export of iron ore to japan Amenities of building.
- Chennai port is the second busiest port in India and is an artificial port.
- Marmagoa port is situated on the estuary of the river juari…and is located on the western coast.
- Port Blair port plays a very significant role in India’so overall economy. Its the 13th and youngest major port of India.
- Kolkata Port is the only riverine major port in India & also known as the twin dock system.
- Paradip port is located on the eastern side of India.This port deals for transportation of iron ore, coal, and some dry cargo.
- Tuticorin Port is an artificial deep-sea harbor. It’s the second-largest option in state after the major Chennai port.
- Kochi port is sited in the Vembanad lake. It exports species and salts. Kochi port is located on the crossroads of the east-west ocean trade.
- Ennore Port is India’s first corporate port of India and also known as kamarajar port limited. Its around 24 km away from Chennai port. This port transports coal.
- panambur port is situated in Karnataka at Gurupura river confluence with the Arabian Sea. This port transports tea, coffee, rice, fish, rubber, cashew nut, crude oil, and some more common goods
In this article, we have covered all the major ports in India, which are frequently asked in many competitive exams. All the best to the aspirants preparing for exams.we hope this article will be helpful.